Sitting Bull College maintains an “open” door admissions policy. Any person who is a graduate of an accredited high school or has their GED certificate may be admitted to SBC.
If an applicant for admission is NOT a current high school student, a graduate of an accredited high school or has not received a GED certificate, the applicant is eligible to enroll for one semester in up to eight credit hours with a course requirement of PSYC 100 First Year Learning Experience for three of the eight credits, providing they have successfully completed three of the four official GED tests. However, the applicant will be required to work with the GED Director on obtaining a GED by the end of the semester. Students are not eligible to enroll a second semester until proof of GED completion is submitted to the Registrar’s office.
Special Admissions Requirements
The following programs of study have special admissions requirements:
- CDL - must have a valid drivers license
- Early Childhood Education – criminal history check (no convictions involving children)
- Practical Nursing – criminal history check, physical, and current immunization
- Social Work - criminal history check
- Teacher Education/Elementary Education/Secondary Science Education – criminal history check (no convictions involving children)
Sitting Bull college is not approved by SEVP to accept F or M visa students